Recruit your friends, family members and co-workers to participate in the DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon volunteer program, presented by UPMC Health Plan, Bayer and Eaton Corporation. Volunteer at one of 19 water stops or 4 relay stations along the course, support runners at the start and finish line, or greet more than 50,000 visitors at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health & Fitness Expo. We guarantee there is a volunteer position that will interest you during our race weekend of events from May 4 – 6, 2018.
Over 4,000 Volunteers Help to Make Race Weekend Happen
General and medical volunteer registration for the 2018 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon is now open.
Thank you for your continuous support of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon. We couldn’t make our marathon a world class event without all of you!
Volunteer Registration Information
- When registering through our Volunteer Registration System, VOLUNTEER LOCAL, an email address can only be used once.
- If you share an email address with a spouse or family member(s), only one person can use the email address. All others can register separately, but they must click the box “Check here if you do not have an email.”
- You can register for multiple volunteer jobs with the same email address, but they must be done at the same time. If you would like to add another volunteer job at another time, just click the box “Check here if you do not have an email” when registering for your additional job to ensure that your previous information is not deleted.
- All volunteer questions can be emailed to email@example.com
Volunteers under 18 years of age on race day must have a parent or legal guardian complete the registration waiver (email firstname.lastname@example.org for waiver form). Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Due to the length of most shifts and the unpredictable nature of the event, children under the age of 12 are not permitted to volunteer or accompany registered volunteers.
- Every registered volunteer will receive an official volunteer shirt. Please note that sizes are not guaranteed.
- Some volunteer positions are more physical than others. Be sure to read the job description before signing up to volunteer.
- Due to the unpredictability of race day, please understand that some volunteers may need to be reassigned at check-in to fill more critical areas.
Safety is our top priority and we work with City safety officials to plan a safe and fun experience for everyone involved. To help ensure a safe race experience, we encourage all spectators, volunteers and runners to be aware of their surroundings.
A secure area for volunteer belongings will not be available; we recommend bringing only necessary items. Additionally, volunteers should adhere to the following guidelines:
Whatever your role on race day, if you see a suspicious person, object or vehicle along or near the race course, report the sightings to 911 or notify law enforcement personnel.
- Do not store, hide or leave any personal items, backpacks, packages or clothing along or near the race course; including the start and finish line areas.
- Keep a look out for bags or packages that appear to be unattended – if in doubt, please ask your volunteer coordinator.
- Do not store or hold bags or packages for someone you don’t know.
- Be a good neighbor and respect the people and community around you; pickup after yourself and keep the noise to a minimum during the early hours.